Monday, November 15, 2010

Someone turned 6!!

In case you missed the memo Caitlyn turned 6 last friday! She has been talking about nothing else for over a month! She would wake me up in the middle of the night to discuss it! That is how important this birthday was! Every detail was hashed over so much and so often I am pretty sure I could have talked it over with her in my sleep! In fact I am sure I did once or twice!

Friday I was directed to take cupcakes to the daycare so she could share her birthday with her friends! Then we had a pink princess cake when I got home from work! It had a crown and wand on it and was just what she wanted! It was so good that we skipped dinner and just had cake Friday night! Sometimes a mom has to do things like that!

Saturday Caitlyn got to go to lunch with my Aunt and Grandma then go to the bookstore. She was so excited to have an outing that was all about her. She picked out If You Give A Pig A Party and a search and find Dora the Explorer book. Both good choices if you ask me!

Sunday us girls got up and went to church where Alex was the only one of my kids who participated in the primary program. This was her last. I am kinda sad that she will be moving out of primary in 2 months but also excited for her to get to finally do all the fun thiings they do in young womens! After church Caitlyn and I headed out to the mall so she could get her birthday present from me.........pierced ears! She did great and didn't cry once! She is getting to be so grown up! The picture is not the greatest but you can kinda see her earring in her ear!

1 comment:

Jessica Dean said...

What a wonderful birthday it must have been for her! We SOOOO missed being there to sing happy birthday. I can't believe she's 6!!!! LOVE the earings. I wish I could get my girls to get them. Maybe after seeing this picture they will want them too! Love and miss you guys!