Monday, August 16, 2010

Back home!

Our trip to Oregon was a wonderful success! The kids were all ready to go when I got home on Tuesday so getting us into the car was an easy thing to do! However I was not as ready as they were and had to keep unlocking the door to the house to go back in for things! We hit the road right around 1 with hopes of a quick stop in Pocatello and a quick stop in Boise for dinner then straight on to Oregon without any issues! I really should know better!
We had a planned stop in Pocatello for pointe shoes at the Pointe Shop but I guess I should have called them to see if they were running on summer hours! Oops! Then instead of heading back they way we came and getting back on the freeway the way I knew how I decided we would turn the other direction and find a different freeway entrance! Mistake #1 of the trip down!

Once we got over my stupid moment and got back on the freeway it was smooth sailing to the truckstop in Twin Falls that we always stop at. There the kids ran in for a quick bathroom break while I walked and watered the dogs then we were off again! It was all going so well til we hit Boise right around 5:30! Nothing like drivetime traffic to ruin a mood! And since I wasn't paying any attention to what lane I was in we had to exit and headed into downtown Boise. Mistake #2!By now the little ones were getting hungry and bored and more than ready to get the vacation really started! Derek and I were having a great time looking at the sights in Boise while we drove around looking for a Carl's Jr! Finally after 45 minutes of sight-seeing we hit the drive thru got our food and made it back onto the freeway!

I love my Jake but he has no confidence in my driving abilities! Not long after Boise he started asking me if we were lost! About every 15 minutes he would ask if I needed to call for directions! He actually seemed suprised when I pulled into the driveway at the ranch! He got over it fast once he could jump out and run around!
The kids had a great time riding horses, playing with kittens and new dogs, playing with cousins, and of course playing in the pool! The neighbors invited us all over for a bbq Friday night and that was alot of fun for all of us! Alex and I went into Boise in Thursday and picked up some pointe shoes from a shop there. The kids wore themselves out everyday playing in the water. I have never known my boys to sleep in so late before! It was wonderful for me!

The trip home was very uneventful! Thankfully! We are all glad to be back but wish we were still there too! Hopefully we can take another trip to visit Uncle Bob and the cousins before next summer!


Oh and before I forget.....we brought home a kitty! He is an adorable little guy but he needs a new name since my niece Marissa named him Jacob! That could get confusing fast!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'd name that content looking little kitty Captain Kirk. I'm a Star Trek fan. I'm glad you got to Oregon, and glad you are back. What an adventure!

Jessica Dean said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun. So what did you end up naming the kitty? My kids were saying how they miss Dragonsniffles. Let's play a game.. How many living things can live at the Hyde house! J/K.. it makes it so much fun. Gosh we miss you all!!