Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cindy.....whatever will I do with her!

We have two wonderful dogs in our family. Somedays I wonder why I ever thought having dogs was a good thing and then they give me that sad look and I melt inside! Other days I think they are the greatest things ever until they get into my garbage and then I want to do murder! During the day while I am at work and the kids are at school our doggies sleep the day away inside their sleeping kennels content as can be. Yesterday Alex forgot to put the dogs in their kennels so they had free reign of my house for 7 straight hours and oh what a fun time they had! I need to go buy the kids some new cereal since the dogs helped themselves to a couple of boxes! I am also minus 1 couch pillow that obviously was a dangersous object that needed to be shredded! And then there is the garbage that really must not have belonged in the trash can since it was strung all over the house when the kids got home! And of course my 2 loving adorable dogs had innocent looks on their faces because they didn't do it! Just ask them!

Had it stopped at the mess it would have been ok....... but nope not my dogs!! Alex let them out back and instead of heading to the backyard Cindy ran right out front, across the street, and down the block chasing a cat! Instead of catching a cat she got caught by some very nice guys who brought her back home but somewhere in the mix before she got caught by the guys she got caught on something else and ripped her ear open. Alex called me at work freaking out because Cindy was bleeding everywhere. I had her wrap a dish towel around Cindy's head( I wish I had a picture of that) and wait for Derek to come home and rescue her! Derek got there and got Cindy all bandaged up! However no one bothered to clean up all the blood in my kitchen or off of Cindy for that matter. I guess that was my job in all of it!

Well now the kitchen is clean, the garbage picked up, whats left of the viscious couch pillow removed, and Cindy is somewhat cleaned up from her adventure so hopefully we can have a relatively "normal" rest of the week! I am not going to count on it though!

1 comment:

Jessica Dean said...

Is life ever normal at the Hyde household?? :) All the fun of life!