Friday, July 16, 2010

Cubanapolis 2010

Last night was Jake's pack meeting and it was a ton of fun! We had a regular Indy 500 going on in the church yard! All the boys showed up in their awesome cars they created and their families got to be the pit crews!


The boys raced in 2 heats of 4 laps! During the first pit stop they had to refuel (drink a cup of water) 2nd pit stop was to clean the windshield ( wipe the face paint off) 3rd pit stop was a tire change ( they had to lay on the ground and the pit crew put their socks back on them)! The race track had some obstacles they had to go thru and they enjoyed every minute of it! They raced for fun and not to place so everyone cheered for everyone! It was a great time for the boys and you could see how much they loved it!
I think Jake did a great job on his car! I painted the box blue and then he painted the tires, the headlights, doors, and tail lights. Derek added his part by painting the back to make it an Aveo! I think all the boys did a great job on thier cars! I can't wait to see what we will do at next months pack meeting!

1 comment:

Jessica Dean said...

Oh I LOVE it!! I wondered how that went! Good job on the cars. Riley would have loved that. I'm so glad Jake is doing good at cubs. Hope all is well with you guys. Miss you.