Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jake turned 9!

Jake turned 9 on the 26th and it was a pretty mellow low key day! It was one of the first nice days we have had this summer so we set the pool up in the driveway and had the neighbor kids over to swim. All the kids were sunblocked but by Sunday night they were all sunburned anyways. Guess maybe next time they will listen to me when I tell them to find some shade!


Jake asked me for a road cake and I had seen a really cool cake on another blog and decided to copy it for him and it was a big hit! Yes my cake was not as pretty as the original but that was probably because after I painstakingly created the road with crushed oreos and then surrounded it with awesome green coconut grass I set the cake on the stove so nothing would happen to it before the party......then I opened to cupboard door! Everything off the bottom shelf came down on top of his cake! I was horrified! However let me tell you how awesome that coconut was! I mushed it all back into place and you couldn't even tell that under all that green was a mashed cake! It was a big hit with Jake and with the other kids so it was all worth it in the end!

I got Jake a Nintendog and his siblings got him clothes, a poster, a tracing kit, and a slip n slide! He also got a great Volkswagon Beetle from his Grandma and then a lunch date and legos from his great aunt and great grandma! All around great birthday if you ask me!

1 comment:

Jessica Dean said...

It was a great birthday party! And that cake was awesome! Riley wants that cake for his birthday now. So in 8 months you'll have to tell me how to do it!